Saturday 5 October 2013

To something strange did happen to me

This morning I awoke feeling tired and somewhat confused until I realise what day it was. My good lady was already up and I had been allowed to lay in. I reached out with my mind and realised my good lady was below within the kitchen.

I rose and dressed opening the door to my bedroom I walked into the living area of the Tower and took my place in the great chair that I usually favoured. As I sat there my children gathered around
and gave me there birthday cards, love and well wishes.

Boris leapt up onto my lap and giggling wished me a happy birthday. Kez-Ree my good lady and Gortex my dwarves man servant  brought in my food. A birthday breakfast had been prepared. I ate my feel and spent some time in the company of family. All people I loved a great deal. My ladies card even brought a tear of joy to my eye.

Before long Antony the bloody had arrived and left with my dear wife and daughter. One was on a mission to get supplies for the Wizards ball & moot which was been held on the account of my birthday and becoming an Elder.


Soon even Joshfree my son had to go, he would be working with Minch and Umbi this morning, before heading of with Antony to pick up his own good lady.

Well that was when I noticed back in the realm of reality the post man was about to arrive. in his hands a bundle of cards and scroll tubes. I crossed over the boundary between realities and waited for him. As he approached he began to slow down the sun slightly dimmed and everything dulled.

Someone had cast a time stop and shifted the local area outside of time and space. I summoned a force field and called my Iwisa come Shillelaghs to my hand reassured by the power it contained. Then two ghouls leapt from the bushes beside my drive. Armed with curved blades, tooth and claws they approached me whilst a cloaked figure went towards the postman.

"Calling upon the power of the element of air and the sphere of thought and by the power within me I summon, open and fix a door way from here to their: Dimension Door."

With that a portal between this world and one next to it opened I stepped through largely ignoring the alien land scape and stepped through a second door much like the first back into my own reality. The
ghouls both attacked empty air unsure what had happened to me.

The  robed man leapt back in shock and surprise, for I had appeared between him and the postman. He started to spell cast his gestures smooth and flowing in a serpentine manor. I had to be quick and
so unleashed a bolt of energy from my stick.

The force bottle hit the robed figure ripping his robes and revealing a serpentine body below. It hissed in pain and lost its spell. I was quicker and due to my force field barely l felt the scimitars of the two ghouls hit my force field.

"By the power of fire and the sphere of energy I conjure up and call fourth a lance of flame: Fire lance!"

With palms together a fiery lance of heat and fire erupted from my hands and caused the servant man great pain and boiling wounds. His own contingencies killed in and by the power of Yith or Set he was whisked away. The two ghouls seeing their master flee did likewise.

Suddenly time rushed back in, the sun brightened and the postman passed me his load wishing me a happy birthday.

2 comments:

  1. How typical of serpent men! Any decent foe would give you respite on the day of your birth, or at least limit themselves to some grandstanding at the celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always found this branch of serpent man to be more dedicated than most. I believe that this is because they are led by an ancient one who is in full possession of its scientific and magical knowledge. I once heard through a ghoul contact of mine that this particular group has no time for its degenerate modern day descendants and treats them as vermin and cannon fodder at best. Their confirmed worship of Yig is also a factor that I must take into account and that they not only employ ghouls from Loughville in Suffolk they also use members of the Human Set cult in London.

    ReplyDelete