Sunday 10 September 2017

ADVENTURE PER WEEK: Kazakhs Lair Room 1

Hi everyone each week it is my intention to post a log of my families table top adventure. The adventure has been randomly generated using a combination of tables from Advanced Hero Quest, Advanced Fighting Fantasy and Dungeons & Dragons.

Each week I will role for the next room or corridor section and its contents. Then my family and I will play through the encounter and I will draw the dungeon and write up our adventure report and publish it hear. As I go along I will also publish monster stats for multiplayer systems, our characters stats and descriptions and also some of the background information from my groups homebrew setting The Barter Town Chronicles.

So let me begin:

I started of by rolling our mission and on a d100 I rolled a 77 and got - "A group of clerics have lost and item and need it retrieved

I then rolled to see what the item was. For this I used the Religious Articles and Furnishing table on page 300 of the D&D Dungeon Masters Guide 5e. I rolled a 39 - "A Idol" I decided the idol belonged to an enemy church and the villains of our piece wanted it back.

I also created a table listing races the adventure might involve:

Roll             Possible Encounter

  2                Dark Elves
  3                Shaven/ Ratlings
  4                Mixed Goblinoids
  5                Bugbears or Gnolls
  6                Humans
  7                Kobolds
  8                Goblins
  9                Hobgoblins
  10              Orcs
  11              Undead
  12              Chaos

I rolled a 9 on 2d6 - "Hobgoblins"

Next I rolled for the Dungeon using the GM's Reference Sheet from Advanced Hero Quest

I rolled 2 Dungeon Sections, with 1 door and a dead end. The corridor was empty. Beyond the door was a large room with one other door in it. There was an NPC in it, I rolled a d12 using the list of classes in the D&D Players Handbook 5e. I got a sorcerer. I then rolled race and gender a Half-Orc female. Her alignment was Neutral.

She was a prisoner of 2 Hobgoblin Patrol leaders and 4 Hobgoblin Warriors.

I then set about drawing the dungeon. The dungeon is now ready and soon we will play through the encounter our DM/GM/Ref will be fate itself and our collective storytelling


This is the map I generated after making the appropriate rolls, ready for us to begin play. As time goes by I will add to the dungeon as we over come the various encounters and traps that await us.

No comments:

Post a Comment